Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Three Little Monkeys

Today, was a monkey business kinda day. It was one of those days where my boys milk was switched with funky juice or something. Everyone was off. Our days are usually pretty predictable. Everyone's up by 6:30am. The babies nap twice. Usually nine o'clock and two o'clock. When he's not in school, Jake plays/hangs out then has quiet time during their second nap. Then, everyone goes to bed between 6:00 and 7:30, the latest. It varies if we are out and about, but on "home days," that's how we roll.  Well today... not so much. The babies fought their naps, then napped really short naps.... Jake was like a little energizer bunny and didn't seem to have an ounce of self control... Oy... Just one of those days where kids were being kids, but all at the same time. I am a tired Mama tonight. I'm also feeling the need to blog about  some of the positive, wonderful things my kids are doing and document some of their funny, quirky behaviors. Days like today make me feel like I want this time in my life to go a little quicker...when in reality I want it to slow down... of course I could do without short naps and grumpies. What mom couldn't? But, I love them being little. I love that they need me and want to be around me. I love that they are only exposed to what I expose them to. I know these things are short lived... So, I want to embrace it and remember why I have the best job in the world.

Jake:
- You are just so stinkin' cute and your growing up WAY too fast.
- You have developed a few new, "voices." Some are cute, but most remind me of my little brother's annoying "voices" and they make me realize you are ALL boy.
- You have started writing and I think pretty well for your age!
- You still love books and read in the car constantly. I love nothing more than seeing you reading in the rearview mirror.
- You still eat veggies and fruits and I'm so proud of the eater you have become.
- You call me out about my soda in take and I have now vowed to take a long break... it's killing me, but you are so right. It's gross!
- You have gained a little bit of a freshness which can drive me nutty... you still maintain your cuteness through it all and I sometimes have a hard time not laughing or kissing you while your being fresh!
- You are taking karate and I am really seeing your personality and learning style through it. You are tactile like me  and learn better by listening while moving and you learn quickly, but have restless legs like Daddy.
- You still talk to everyone, Daddy and I love it. You are such an extrovert and you love everything you try.
- You still struggle with leaving fun places some times, but we continue to try and help you transition.
- You tell me, you don't need anymore friends because if you had more.. you would get a belly ache. I so hope that changes. I think you should have as many friends as you want!
- Your excited for summer and want to move to the new house so you can paint your room orange... have to work with that one..
- You are independent, funny and full of life.

Will:
- I could just squeeze your cheeks all day long.
- You are continuing to be a big boy. You are in size 18 or 24 month clothing and have a size 6.5 wide shoe, maybe even 7 by now...
- You squeel when you are excited and it is music to my ears.
- You have quite the stubborn side. You let us know in a big way when things aren't going the way you want.
- You are talking a lot more and we all love it. New words are: Yes/Yeah, book, Will, bapple (apple), Nana (banana), bowl,  up and so many more.
- You are getting a little tough guy edge to you from having to deal with two brothers. I think it is a good thing. However, I want you to maintain your teddy bear personality!
- You hair is currently buzzed and the curls remain under the buzz! You look cute with your short hair and it is less fussing from Mama.
- You stand in the bath and throw your sippy cups/everything from the high chair and it drives me crazy
- You also love running into the street...
- You sing and dance all day. Often I will turn around and catch you dancing. Adorable.
- You can already kick a ball, stand on a scooter and do more things at your age than most from watching Jake constantly! You love him.
- Your a sweet, gentle and funny little guy.

Kevin:
-  You are sleeping through the night... and Mommy said: AMEN!
-  You take two sometimes three naps depending on how long they are
-  You are very tell. All the pants you wear are like capri pants on you...your typically wearing 6-9 or 9 month clothing
- You roll everywhere! Your not sitting up on your own yet, but will sit in between my legs while playing.
- You like the exercauser and bouncy for short periods of time, but would rather be on the floor with Jake and Will.
- So far you are a quiet baby, but you smile constantly and like when people talk to you.
- You are the squigglist, wiggliest baby ever. Changing your diaper is the hardest thing ever. It is like a mommy marathon by the time I am finished.
- Your brothers love you so much and Jake always wants to hold you and Will pets your head daily
- You drink four eight ounce bottles and eat three pureed food meals a day. You' ve liked every type of solid food I have given you and I'm so happy because you are in the tenth percentile for weight! My smallest baby by far.
-Stay sweet little one

Mommy loves all three of you more than I could've imagined my heart was capable. Prior to having all of you, I wondered how a mother could, "split or share," the love among all of her children. Now, I understand... there's just so much love to give... I never run out!

No comments: