Not being with Nikki and Eko during the end of her pregnancy, labor and then not getting to meet Derin has been the hardest part for me. So, seeing him for the first time was extra special!! He is the cutest little guy and he looks Turkish! He is beautiful.. I mean handsome... Loving my nephews and sis around again. It's been a nutty 24 hours, but I'm loving it.
Monday, November 25, 2013
They are back! Well... for a little bit...
Nikki, Sean and Derin are visiting us for the month for the holidays from Turkey. Unfortunately, Eko could not get off long enough to join them. We miss him big time and wish he could be with us too! It has been a long eight months for me, I have missed my sister deeply. It shocked me just how anxious I was to see her. Excited yes... But when it came time to watch for them at the gate on JFK, I felt like a crazy person. I couldn't wait... Then when we saw them the emotions just overwhelmed me. I had to quickly pull it together! Turns out Nikki was feeling the exact same way. We were standing hugging in the middle of a very busy walkway where many other families were waiting to hug and greet their loved ones. We were definitely those obnoxiously clueless and unaware people who don't notice others for a few minutes...Oops...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment