Sunday, January 26, 2014

Six Years

 Our biggest boy is more than one hand old! I can't get over it. I remember being at Champps eating dinner with your daddy and saying,"hm..I feel like I just had a contraction?" Then just a few short hours later... You were born! You were a surprise from the very start my boy and you continue to surprise us each day. We love you more than we could ever express. Here's a few things about Jake at six years old.

Interests:
- First and for most... Sports. You always liked sports, but now you are a sports freak. Every Sunday you and Daddy would sit for hours and watch football together this year. Well, you wouldn't sit... You jumped around while you watched and asked Daddy questions the whole way through the game. You said it was because you were just SO excited. Your starting tennis lessons this week and you cannot wait. 
- Games. You love games... Bored games, video games, arcade games, TV show games... There is no end. I love it because I think playing games is a great way to spend time together. So, I hope you never lose it! I'm just sorry we can't play more often!
- Friends. You are a social guy. You love hanging with friends and have really grown up. It amazes me to watch you interact with your friends now. Just such a big boy! You look forward to things mostly because of the people who will be there. 

Sayings/Funny Things you say:
-"just doin' my thing mom....just doin' my thing."
-"Aminals" instead of animals.. You have very few words you mix up or say funny now that your so old, but I love when you say Aminals. 
- "Little brothers...." When the little guys are doing something funny or annoying.
-"Can we go on a mommy and Jake date?"
- "can I please say bye to Miss Halligan again?" You always need to say goodbye to people at least once... Your teacher whom you love sometimes twice! 
- "I know... I know... Your proud of me...." Guess I tell you that a lot.
-You get states, towns and countries mixed up sometimes so you'll say things like... Is Baltimore three counties away?"
- You have a better understanding of money now, but you still say outlandish numbers like thousand million hundred. Love it.
- I love that when you guys have a,"guys thing" you call it boys day... AND I love how you genuinely think I play with, " dollies" when your not around.
- You told me you are going to college for one day then coming back home. After college you plan to buy a house on our court. Yay for Mommy! Hehe 

Personality
- You are busy. Always have been. Your body never quite stops moving. So, naturally sports and playing outside appeals to you! 
 -You are still a sensitive and emotional boy which I am trying to help you maintain but better understand. You are the first to hug me in the morning and always blow me kisses when I leave! 
- You are competitive and a leader at home. In public you become a little more shy and observant, but not on the sports field! 
- Your have become and excellent prayer. I love to hear you praying at night. You are so certain that God is listening and I love seeing your faith first hand. Makes this mama's heart swell. 
 - You have become a very nice big brother. Not that you weren't nice before, but it was more forced by us. Now, I am seeing you show such kindness from your heart and really think of them. You deal with a.lot from your brothers and it can be tough, but you are really learning grace and now to try and see their perspective. So proud. 
 - You are a good sport. You love playing games, but taking losing well.
  -You are creative, more than you know!
-  I think your mind works a lot like Daddy's. You seem to be more logical, good at numbers and problem solving.
- I feel the need to protect your heart as I continue to see a naive and innocence that I wish you could hold on to forever! You are a sweet boy who rarely has anything mean or negative to say. 
- You love school but don't like homework.

I could go on.... We just adore you Jake. The other night, we were laying together in your bed after prayers and I asked you what you wanted for your birthday dinner the next night. You of course said, Pancakes! Then, we snuggled for a minute and you looked at me, put your arm around me and said, "your the best." You know exactly how to melt a mama's heart!!! You were our first baby and you continue to teach and remind us of what is important in life. We are the luckiest parents to have you and your brothers for sons. We thank God for you.


No comments: