Sunday, May 11, 2014

Big news over here

We are getting a puppy!! For many reasons, I have wanted a puppy. The boys have wanted one since they could say the word puppy. They stalk our neighbors'dogs and constantly talk about how they want one. It took a little time and a few talks... but Jon is, "excited," now too. Between you and me... I know he is going to enjoy it the most! 

We did some research and found the perfect breed and breeder for our family. We are getting a miniature labradoodle. She will be arriving in early June and her name is going to be Lacey. At first we weren't going to tell the boys and just bring her home. However, after some thought we decided to tell them. I think this waiting period will be a perfect time to teach patience and preparation. Something you don't get a lot of chances to teach for weeks at a time. So far it has been great! The boys are over...the..moon. Each day or night, we are reading from a book called," raising kids and dogs." They have told EVERYONE! It is adorable. I am aware that it is kind of like taking on another baby, but I think it will be so good for the boys to have someone to care for outside of themselves. I also think the unconditional love of an animal is priceless for kids. Our breeder is amazing and has been very informative so far. She sends weekly updates with pictures and tips of things to be reading/doing as we prepare for Lacey. She is also potty training and crate training her. Here are some recent pics of our girl.




No comments: