SO last night Jon and I were eating dinner and it needed to be re-heated. I stood up to put it back into the oven and Jon got up to get a drink. In the second it took me to lean up and put the casserole in, Jake tried to stand and pulled up on the oven door! His little hands were burned pretty badly. He has second degree burns and blisters on both hands. It was horrifying and we had to bring him to the E.R. They wrapped his hands and covered them and they need to stay that way for 2 weeks!! I don't know how we are going to make it 2 weeks, but I am sure we will. He is suprisingly happy today besides wanting to be held a little more and wanting his pacifier. The poor little guy had a tramatic night and we didn't get back until 10PM. Considering what he went through, he is a little trooper! God was definetely watching over him, it could have been much worse.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tragedy... Baby's First Visit to the E.R.
SO last night Jon and I were eating dinner and it needed to be re-heated. I stood up to put it back into the oven and Jon got up to get a drink. In the second it took me to lean up and put the casserole in, Jake tried to stand and pulled up on the oven door! His little hands were burned pretty badly. He has second degree burns and blisters on both hands. It was horrifying and we had to bring him to the E.R. They wrapped his hands and covered them and they need to stay that way for 2 weeks!! I don't know how we are going to make it 2 weeks, but I am sure we will. He is suprisingly happy today besides wanting to be held a little more and wanting his pacifier. The poor little guy had a tramatic night and we didn't get back until 10PM. Considering what he went through, he is a little trooper! God was definetely watching over him, it could have been much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What troopers! All of you! I can feel your anxiety but I am sure he will be better and jake will get better soon. It is you that takes a while to heal! i'll never forget when Maddie fell off of her dresser/changing table and onto the floor. I was more upset than she was. To this day my stomach does flip flops when I see her in my mind falling. Hope all goes well and just think, this is definetly one for the baby book!
I am so glad that he is okay! I don't know what I would have done! On the brighter side, it will make a cute scrapbook page. :)
Post a Comment