
Well, we are all back to life! Jon is back to work and feeling well. Jake is smiling, giggling and waving to strangers again. I'll tell ya though, it was a rough one. This virus going around is nothing to mess with. Everyone who had it told me, but like most things in life... you believe it AFTER you have experienced it. Jake would literally not let me put him down for three days. He was waking at night getting sick and was miserable all day unless he was sleeping. Jon was in bed for two days and came home early from work the third day to take an afternoon nap. If you know Jon, that is shocking. At one point I actually thought this was never going away and that Jake would never be independent or happy again.... sounds silly I know but it was bad. However, somehow I have managed to survive and not get sick (thank God). I always find that during times of struggle, I pray all day. I pray in the shower, in my car, while taking a walk... all day. However, when things are going well, I pray less often. It always bothers me. I have been through some very tough times in my life and during those times, have felt closest to God. I have felt at peace with life and what is really important. We seem to forget him during the good times. Or should I say the day to day. I remember to thank him for the big things. When, I should thank him for everything. A smile, a sunny day, a cookie, a nice conversation.... everything. These lyrics are to one of my all time favorite songs and explain exactly that.
"Bring The Rain"
I can count a million times
People asking me how
I Can praise You
with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
No comments:
Post a Comment