Monday, March 9, 2009

Funtimes Around the House


Jon, Jake and I have been having so much fun lately. Jake is really talking and learning so quickly. Tonight, Jon and I taught him where his nose was. He has been learning something new each day. He knows how to say, "uh oh," when something falls, bat and ball, he also knows to close something when I say "close it", (his favorite is the dishwasher door), he walks around the house now shaking his head saying," no no no."( I wonder where he learned that one?)
The time change has had a wonderful effect on his sleeping. He is usually up by 6:30 then down for a nap by 12:00 and asleep by 6:30-7ish. Today, he didn't wake up until 8:00!! That is huge! Then, he slept from 1:30-4:00 and he is falling asleep right now (8ish). It is such a welcome change to spend more time with him at night and spend more time in the morning in bed!
He is still a very picky eater but he is exploring a little bit more each day. Of course, he will try anything Daddy is eating! Our new favorite thing is that he will try what Jon is eating... take a few steps away and walk right back for more. He will do it 20 times, it is hysterical. He is just so much fun and we LOVE teaching him new things.

No comments: