Friday, March 26, 2010

Almost Seven Years

Next friday will mark the seventh year since I lost my mom. When I allow myself to go back to that night, it feels like yesterday. Most days, I choose joy instead. In honor of my mother and the joy she brought and still brings to my life, I would like to share my seven favorite things about her.
- Her warmth
- Her welcoming spirit to others
- Her ability to see the need in a neighbor and try and fulfill it herself
- Her love for shoes, home decor magazines and entertaining
- The way she would kiss us goodnight, even as adults
- How she thought of you when she was out and would pick up a little something if she thought you would like it
- How she made your very favorite dinner and dessert for your birthday

Did I say just seven... wow, it's tough to stop. Tonight, my heart is heavy with the memory of my mom. As April 2nd creaps up, so do the memories. I miss her so much and it sometimes feels impossible not to be sad about it. She was wonderful and it hurts not to have her here. I am thankful for all of the time I was blessed to spend with her. I am often saddened by the thought that Jake will not know her. That is a hard one for me. It is hard to change your dreams. So, in an effort to shed some light for my children, I set up a virtual memoral online. It is a place where you can go and share any memories you have with her. This way, my children have a futuristic way of getting to know my mom. Feel free to share any of our favorite memories or stories!
http://therese-green.virtual-memorials.com

No comments: