Friday, April 23, 2010

Heart Stopper Numero Dos

About a year ago Jake burned his hands very badly by climbing up to stand against the oven door while I was cooking. It stopped my heart. I will never forget the ride to the ER and the awful feeling of helplessness that I felt. Yesterday, we had heart stopper number two. My nephew Sean is here for the weekend and it was my first day with two boys. The day was going very smoothly. We decided to go for an afternoon walk and ended up bumping into some neighbors. Jake and his best buddy Alex decided to play some b-ball and were chasing around after the ball. Jake began running towards the ball full speed and ended up tripping over it. He went face first, or should I say teeth first, into the pavement. When he stood up a pool of blood poured out. Again, my heart stopped. With some help, I took Jake to the pediatrician and she checked him out. I told her I probably need to be checked more than he does! She said Jake was fine, but to go to a dentist immediately. Luckily, a good friend of ours is a dentist so we went right over to his office. Mike said he was okay and that he doesn't think there is any nerve damage. We need to come back in a week for a follow up and may need to do some tooth bonding down the road for cosmetic purposes, but otherwise all is good. He ended up with two chipped teeth, some minor bruises and scratches. God is good. I guess I should prepare myself for more heart stoppers in the future... boys!Pre-accident photos of the boys having fun!post accident... Jake showing off his "bwookin" teeth. Notice the matching outfits.
Sean this morning... soo sweet

1 comment:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

Jakers! So sad, such a bruiser! I love him!!!