After a busy few days, thought I should update...This past weekend we celebrated the life of a friend and church member. He will be remembered forever and his legacy lives on. His funeral was held at our church and his family specifically wanted it to be a celebration. I have heard of these before, but never myself attended one. Wow, for starters. The family played songs that reminded them of his life and legacy and we all sang together with tears. Then, they offered up the mic and people began speaking about how he changed their lives. This had to be stopped after an hour by our pastor because it probably could have gone on forever. Our pastor asked all the men in the room who were feeling inspired to leave a legacy and help other church members to stand and almost all the men were standing including my hubbs... It was inspiring. It was unbelievable how many lives he touched and I admire his courage and strength to share his faith and love with all he came across. Our life is forever changed from the lessons he taught Jon and myself about marriage, parenting and our purpose here on earth. Thank you God for Rich Crompton, treat him well up there until we see him again!

Around the House
Jon, Jake and I had a crazy September with weddings, events, preschool and MOPS starting. October doesn't seem to get much better. We try and enjoy any spare minute we have as a family and I cherish our nightly dinners and play time afterward. There is something amazing about only having one child for this long. I know it hasn't been that long, but most of my friends have had a second by now. I am truly enjoying all of our quality time and have realized just how precious it is. We have play time together, chats about everything and I love how we sing songs together. Jake usually tries to out-sing me of course (a Sharp gene).

Jake Saying
Here are a few more recent Jake sayings or words...
-"Let's do it Mommy!"
-"I love school... I love TV... I love that car..." Loves everything...
-No I not kind... I a big boy...
-"I love You Jake"..."NO... I love YOU!" (slightly cheeky, but LOVE it)
-Look Mommy...Watch Mommy... (80 times a day)
-"Just like me Mommy" when he sees anything he has done or owns
-Umm... Maybe... black park?... yellow park is cwosed (closed) He refers to parks in colors??? and often tells me the one he doesn't want to go to is closed.
-Blue school today Mommy? (every morning...) loves school so much and again with the colors?? artist in the making...
-Das silly Mommy.. Das silly Daddy
-"Mommy, I took a nappers!" after being in his bed for two seconds and is now standing in his doorway.
-"Jake pick up your crayon please, we do not throw crayons."- "Oooookkkkaayyyy Mommy, but I go weal swoooly (slowly)."
-"Dinner time buddy"- "No I not hungwee" Jake is never hungry and doesn't care much for sitting down to meals... he would much rather play
-Driving in crazy traffic-"Boy, where did all these people come from Jake?"-"God made people Mommy" (loved this, he is listening to me...)
Fertility
We decided to take this month off and it was the best decision I have made in a long time. I feel great and back to my old self. It is amazing when you are stressed or weary about something you don't realize how bad it felt until it's gone... I realized how anxious and sick I was feeling. Partly from the meds. I was on and partly from the thought of not being able to have another baby naturally. I know it is not up to me and I am sick of trying to control it. This month has felt amazing. God slowly got me to this point and helped me realize a lot about expectations and entitlement. I am not entitled to another baby, I will be blessed if I have one. And as a bonus I already have an AMAZING one... whom I love dearly. So, this has been "focus on the family" month. I have been working out and spending some time on me and spending as much time as possible loving our little family.
Adoption
We are approved and waiting!!! Our family profile should be loaded on the Bethany Website under "Waiting Families" very soon. Once it is I will send the link to everyone.
Ummm, Jon and Jake will kill me I am sure, but ridiculously cute!
Juggling act at a local festival, Jake LOVED it!
Jake is really into making "gardens." This is his latest garden.
He made a special place for his puppy.
Ummm, Jon and Jake will kill me I am sure, but ridiculously cute!
Juggling act at a local festival, Jake LOVED it!
Jake is really into making "gardens." This is his latest garden.He made a special place for his puppy.
2 comments:
so neat to hear about what God has done in your heart re: fertility...isnt it great when we have peace in our hearts knowing we're doing what he wants?? nothing compares =)
Oh Jo,
You always amaze me! Your so strong and inspirational! Good things will come your way, not because your entitled, but because you truly deserve it. Stay strong and enjoy life as it comes. Much love!
Post a Comment