Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shocker....

I don't exactly know how to say this but.... I'M PREGNANT!!! It is unbelievable even as I type the words. Will is 9 weeks old and I am 8 weeks pregnant. How amazing! We are still in shock.
The story
So, as you all know we adopted our sweet baby boy Will on December 20th and he is now 9 weeks old. He is truly the most amazing baby in the world. I have never been a fan of baby's being labeled,"good," just because they are quiet and easy... but he is sooo good. He is calm, sweet and has such an easy going little temperament. Being number two, I truly appreciate it.

When he first came home, I was exhausted. There was no warm up. Full nights sleep then no nights sleep. I also think the entire adoption experience in general wore me out. It was a roller coaster. Between, the months of fertility and years of trying to get pregnant then chances at adoption and meeting birth parents. My emotions were tapped out. I finally felt nothing but joy. Fatigue, but immeasurable joy. However, the initial fatigue faded a day or two into having a newborn and I was adjusting. A week or so went by and I felt tired again... then again... then again. I couldn't kick it. My body felt like a thousand pounds. The holidays came and went and we were quickly approaching Jake's third birthday. Wait a minute... Jake's birthday is on the 24th.... hmmm... after doing some quick math, I took a little drive to CVS. I never once thought I would see a positive. I have taken test and test after test these last few years and wow.... I was blown away! I sent Jake downstairs to tell Daddy that we were going to have another baby. (not realizing he was on the phone!) He quickly came upstairs and asked me if this was a joke. I laughed and we just starred at each other. Sheer shock. After a few minutes we hugged and rejoiced, but it took a few days for it to truly sink in. We had a few ultrasounds because they initially did not see anything. I was concerned at first, but we came to find out that I was just very early. Last week, we finally saw the heartbeat and a little white speck that is our newest addition. Unreal... and seeing that first ultrasound will never get old. My due date is October 3rd. So, Will is going to be one school year behind our newest. I am relieved because that way they will feel a little more spaced out.
Both Jake, Will and baby number three have all had their special way of arriving. This has made it very clear to us that it is God's will that we have these special gifts. I feel so undeserving of such amazing children. Here is a picture of our latest suprise arrival!

1 comment:

Terri said...

OH MY GOSH Joanne!!!! Congrats!!! That is SO exciting!! Praise God for such a miracle!! I can't even imagine how happy and excited you guys must be! Congrats again...I'll be praying for your pregnancy!