Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Been Awhile

Thirty- five weeks pregnant and feeling every bit of it!! I have turned into a sloth the last couple of days. Everything seems to be taking me forever and I need to stop more often and,"rest." This makes me crazier because I am not a sitter and doing so is not an easy task with a toddler and a baby who wants to be a toddler. Jake and Will are both doing great and growing up so fast. Jake Update:
He is a little man all of a sudden. He has deeper thoughts now and takes in every word you say. I can see his little brain turning sometimes when he hears something or sees something for the first time... although there is never time to wonder about what he might be thinking because he tells you right away....talks 24/7. I am a talked myself, but phew. I have created a talking machine. I remember reading in a baby book that verbal skills are a strong sign of intelligence so what did I do...talked to him all day...as he layed and watched me from his bassinet or baby swing. I would tell him about my every move and what I was thinking.... wonder where he gets it! I can see him really growing up before my eyes and it breaks my mommy heart. I tell him all the time that I want him to grow "down." He gets mad and says,"No meatballs make me grow bigger!" My little boy...He is also quite the comedian these days. He loves knock, knock jokes or as he says," just kidding' mom." He maintains his emotional side and we still get some tears occasionally, but he is definitely beginning to learn how and when they are truly necessary. Friends are a big thing these days too and I can tell he is really ready for school. He loves play dates and being at the park with other kids. Jake is playing/ wrestling more with Will too which helps. I can see that they are going to have a wonderful relationship. I am sure there will be some ER trips in my future as neither of them are gentle souls, but boy are they sweet!!
Will Update:
Will is now eight and half months old. Can't believe it. He is incredibly easy going still and only really gets upset when he is over-tired and over-sleepy. he is eating stage three foods and beginning some table food, which he definitely prefers! He is my foodie. Jake and I are not so I am glad that Jon has a partner. Although, I fear these boys will eat me out of house and home. He drinks four eight ounce bottles or should I say chugs them. He sleeps twelve hours at night and does not normally wake up. Will also\ takes either two longer naps or three smaller ones. Depends on our day! Soooo, the second child. He also LOVES LOVES LOVES Jake. He watches him all day and wants to play everything he is playing. His favorite toys are balls and cars and anything that lights up or makes noise. Perfect for our house. He started crawling, soldier style awhile ago and is now on all four occasionally. I call him my little bulldog because of his big paws. Will is also the cutest little snuggler. He loves to be held and snuggled. Good thing... I love to snuggle! Oh... and he got his haircut for the first time. It was beginning to become a fro and I was clueless about his curls. I've done my research now, bought some products and I have to say... curly is lookin' good! My medium boy is growing up fast. Before I know it the littlest one will be here.

No comments: