Other than that, I find myself constantly talking about how God gave us the ability to be gentle and kind and even though it can be hard, we must try to choose it when we are frustrated or annoyed... many many a talks about feelings, using our words and gentleness around here! I am seeing improvement though and that makes me happy! By the end of the day... I am definitely feeling the toll of having a toddler and two babies... soo tired. Jon and I are usually falling asleep by nine! Crazy how things change.
As crazy as things are right now, I know that with children everything is in phases. So, I am trying to stop every so often, breathe and just stare at my kids. They are growing up sooo fast already. I just keep remembering... "It won't be like this for long... so enjoy and soak in their sweetness when you can!" I'm also hearing my moms words a lot. I feel like she would say," Who cares that the floors aren't as clean as they once were?.. Your hair looks awful? or the laundry is piling up?.. life is about family and this stuff doesn't go up with you!" Wish she was here to tell me herself, but she certainly ingrained it in my brain!
Speaking of mom, Monday morning I was bringing Jake to school and was about to unbuckle his car seat when he says," Mommy? Why is your mommy with Jesus and the angels?" I almost fanted. After a busy morning of getting Jake ready and preparing the babies for the trek to Jake's school and back. I stopped short. We have talked about her many times before, but I looked around to see if there was something that sparked this thought. Nothing... he was just thinking about her... He then proceeded to ask me all about her. What was her name? What was her hair like? What clothes did she wear? Then... Mommy do you miss her? Ugh... I could have died right there. As the tears began to fall I expained once again why she is in Heaven and he asked if he could go there too. I told him what he has to do in order to go to Heaven as I have many times and he said he wanted too. He started to talk to Jesus and then said,"Nah... I don't feel like talkin' to him right now.." I love this about being a mom. Each day is exciting and new. Every moment is unexpected. All in a days work...

Will at 11 Months






3 comments:
They are just too darn cute!!! We have the same battles here every day over toys,. (-: I have to say now when they give each other high fives when they do something together I just makes me giggle...
I started to cry reading about your mom... I love the fact that Jake is so sensitive.. He is so intuitive... He has such a kind heart like you.. (-:
Will is growing up so big.. I love him pushing his walker thing.. He looks so determined.. (-:
I loved reading about your Mom. Jake sounds so much like you. Can't believe you have 3 boys. I have my hands full with one, can't imagine how busy you are. They are all so adorable!
Love the kindness chain...gonna try it with my little munckins!
Post a Comment