Well things are busy over here, which is the new norm and I am a little behind on updating my blog. Have a feeling this may also be a new norm...This Thanksgiving we decided to stay home even though we are majorly due for a Baltimore visit. It just felt a little too overwhelming to travel with the three boys. So, we decided to stay and have plans to head down to B-more for Christmas. Luckily, Will's birthday falls in the middle so we will see everyone then too. That helps!
Thanksgiving was nice. A little busier this year as we have added two boys to the gaggle of kids running around, but it was very fun. Jon and Dana took the boys to see the local high school football game that they seem to have made a tradition. Jake loved it! Jon said he even made a friend and was playing soccer during the game... shocker... the kid makes friends everywhere we go! Jill and Dana hosted and their twins are due any day now so we tried to make her relax as much as possible. Not easy for a mom of three! Dana and Jill got the turkey from the Amish market and it was scrumptious! Mommel did most of the cooking, but we tried to help out as much as we could. I handled decor and a dessert. Abby's boyfriend, Thomas, formally referred to as Tomas'... handled the dishes. Major points... and everyone did their part helping with the kids, which included the dad's bathing the dirty wee things after they had played outside for hours. Jake went through three pairs of pants that day. Why did I have three pairs of his pants with me you ask??... the world will never know... but thank goodness I did! It was also a special Thanksgiving for many reasons. For one, Will and Kevin share their first together. Oh how thankful Jon and I are to have such a big family. To think that we were a family of three this time last year and now have five stockings hanging from my mantel... God's grace overwhelms my heart. like I mentioned, the twins are due son and we are so thankful Jill's pregnancy has progressed beautifully! Twins...Also, having Nikki and Eko living here this year has been wonderful. My sister and I are very close and now our hubbs and boys get to be too. Too many blessings to mention. I felt God right there this year pointing them all out to me! Here are some pics of the Turkey escapades!













No comments:
Post a Comment