I am very excited for Will's birthday. A little in disbelief that it has been a year... brings me back to all the fertility issues and adoption appts. and then to those first few days and it still feels like a movie sometimes. We are just so lucky. Will's birth mother and a few of her friends are coming to his party this year. I have to admit that it makes me feel a little more pressured to have things perfect. However, I was telling Jon about how I was feeling this weekend and he admitted to feeling a little the same. That made me feel better. We are very excited to share more of Will's life with her, but we both just feel that we want our enormous love for him to show that day. I know that sounds silly. I know it naturally will show through our actions and words and that God is in control of all of it anyway. My prayer is that our family is welcoming and and she feels right at home. It is such a unique relationship that we are blessed to have and I want it all to go smoothly. Well, here are some quick picture updates... back to my"to do" list...
Monday, December 12, 2011
Tis the Reason...
This week is slightly more overwhelming than most. With Christmas soon approaching, ornament orders rolling in and Will's first birthday party being on Sunday, I feel a little nutty. I feel like Tom Cruise from Jerry Maquire in the scene where he freaks out.... well not exactly, but that is a great scene and I often think of it when I'm overwhelmed and it makes me laugh.
I am very excited for Will's birthday. A little in disbelief that it has been a year... brings me back to all the fertility issues and adoption appts. and then to those first few days and it still feels like a movie sometimes. We are just so lucky. Will's birth mother and a few of her friends are coming to his party this year. I have to admit that it makes me feel a little more pressured to have things perfect. However, I was telling Jon about how I was feeling this weekend and he admitted to feeling a little the same. That made me feel better. We are very excited to share more of Will's life with her, but we both just feel that we want our enormous love for him to show that day. I know that sounds silly. I know it naturally will show through our actions and words and that God is in control of all of it anyway. My prayer is that our family is welcoming and and she feels right at home. It is such a unique relationship that we are blessed to have and I want it all to go smoothly. Well, here are some quick picture updates... back to my"to do" list...

I am very excited for Will's birthday. A little in disbelief that it has been a year... brings me back to all the fertility issues and adoption appts. and then to those first few days and it still feels like a movie sometimes. We are just so lucky. Will's birth mother and a few of her friends are coming to his party this year. I have to admit that it makes me feel a little more pressured to have things perfect. However, I was telling Jon about how I was feeling this weekend and he admitted to feeling a little the same. That made me feel better. We are very excited to share more of Will's life with her, but we both just feel that we want our enormous love for him to show that day. I know that sounds silly. I know it naturally will show through our actions and words and that God is in control of all of it anyway. My prayer is that our family is welcoming and and she feels right at home. It is such a unique relationship that we are blessed to have and I want it all to go smoothly. Well, here are some quick picture updates... back to my"to do" list...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment