Monday, July 9, 2012

A little about Me... Mommy

I've been thinking a lot about my mom... as I always do. I was lucky enough to know her as an adult, but we did not have the opportunity to share life experiences post college. I often wonder little things about her or think of things I wish I had asked her. That was my original reason for starting this blog. Although, I do share a lot of my thoughts, I feel like the blog has become more of a pictoral account of our lives. I love it, but feel the need to talk a little about myself as their mom. This is a wee bit about me boys... 50 things about the mom you know now at age 31. I plan to have Jon do this too.
  1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Lasagna (my moms lasagna, she always made it for me for my birthday)
  2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? hmm... tough one... I LOVE music and listen to it every chance I get... lately... Christian music, Bob Marley and Jack Johnson
  3. What is one of your favorite quotes? "Everything I see reminds me of something I read in a book. When shouldn't it be the other way around?"
  4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoor- listening to music and dancing with you guys (usually in the kitchen) Outdoot- swimming by far
  5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Laundry...
  6. What is your favorite form of exercise? Swimming or kick boxing
  7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? Post Dinner Time/ Pre-bedtime, Saturday and November
  8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Little John John planes, freak me out!
  9. What is your favorite body part? weird question, but smiles
  10. What sound do you love? the sound of quiet right now... but normally the ocean
  11. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? Um, awesome BBQ/pool party? For family and friends?
  12. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? A painting of the Irish coastline
  13. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? argh, this one is not fun to answer. Prior to having kids... I would have said 23. My mom was still living, I was in the "prime of my life," or so I thought...THEN... I had you guys... so I guess now, I would say the age I am now... I love your daddy, you guys and my life and I wish you could stay this little forever
  14. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Tell more people about God
  15. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? My mom
  16. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Crucifixtion of Jesus Christ and his Ressurection
  17. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sing
  18. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Organizing the house? (lame I know, but gives me joy) OR something creative
  19. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? wow. everything.. and everywhere! With Daddy and you boys, we would travel the world and do it all!
  20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Ashley, always loved it... if you have a sister one day that may be her name.
  21. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Obvi... Jesus
  22. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Go on a long, sick vacation
  23. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? A bird or a dolphin
  24. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? How am I doing down here God?
  25. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Meg Ryan in one of her romance movies... simple and romantic.. my style!
  26. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? A few people have told me Helen Hunt (dont see it)
  27. What do you want to be when you grow up? I wanted to be a teacher and a mommy.. check and check!
  28. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Right now, rest, read or do something creative.
  29. What would you name the autobiography of your life? Don't Miss the Butterflies
  30. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Ugh, again with a music question... I could list 100's... ok, I'll try. Harry Connick- With a wink and a smile, Van Morrison- Bright Side of the Road, Jack Johnson songs- all of them, Rod Stewart- all of them, Quite a few Beatles songs, Love Songs, Christian Music. Sorry, pretty much every song hits me in a different way.
  31. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Many things. Most importantly, thinking I would never have another baby after Jake.. haha. Now, I have three beautiful boys!
  32. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? My wedding
  33. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Doesnt take much for me.. I tear up at anything
  34. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Leave the hospital the night my mom died, read at my father's wedding (even though I was happy for him, it was a tough day for me)
  35. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Confronting someone close to me (not a strong suit of mine)
  36. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Tried to be a peacemaker all the time
  37. When was the last time you had an amazing meal? Eh, ever since Kevin's pregnancy food is just "eh" to me now. So, amazing is a rarity now... but probablly an Italian dish.
  38. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best- engagement ring from your daddy.. worst-an awesome shirt that didn't fit with no reciept?
  39. What do you miss most about being a kid? Not worrying
  40. What is your first memory of being really excited? First day of school
  41. What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A car
  42. When was the last time you were nervous? Will fell staight back out of his chair this morning... it sounded exactly like a skull cracking... I was SOO nervous. He was freaked out, but fine. It was the chair that made the sound!
  43. What is something you learned in the last week? How discontent I can be
  44. What story does your family always tell about you? How I pooped on a rug when I was three and then covered it with popcorn. I liked to be daiper-less and poop in random places. God has a sense of humor by giving me three boys!
  45. At what age did you become an adult? 23
  46. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? My lack of interest in money. Sounds weird, but I truly have had to learn how to think and care about it. Your daddy has really helped me with this.
  47. Favorite smell? Ah, that's easy...the smell of winter!
  48. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs and Kisses!!! I am a total smother mother. I kiss and hug you guys WAY to much.
  49. What is your biggest struggle/ strength right now? Struggle- Being patient while we trust God with our decsision on whether to move or stay in this house. Strength- loving you guys with all I have
  50. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself. You may explain your choices or not as you see fit. Music, Bible, Home, Heart, Fun(an adj. I know), Candle, Photo Album, Sun, Coke, Picnic, School Supplies/craft supplies.... this is VERY hard...
Love you Boys. Hope you know a little bit more about me.. all you really need to know is just how much I adore you. - Mommy, Mama, Ma

No comments: