The weekend started in the airport. It was Jake's first time on a plane and he couldn't have been more excited. He was literally shaking. Adorable. He couldn't get enough of the airport, planes, pilots.... he was amazed. Someone along the way gave him a pin or "captain wings," as they were referrred to the rest of the weekend. From that moment on he was Captain Jake. He wouldn't take them off. He even wore them on his blazer at the rehersal dinner. Love that boy.
![]() |
| He decided to, "decorate the back of his airplane seat" |
On her wedding day, Abby looked like a princess in her awesome and huge dress. It was perfect. The church as regal and beautiful while the reception was modern and cool. Jake, Jack, Ryan and Colton (Thomas' nephew) were ring bearers and Brooke and Hannah (Thomas' neice) were flower girls. Jake was so handsome! He did such an awesome job and I was proud of him the whole weekend. At the reception, Thomas and Abby made their grand entrance into the penthouse reception in nothing other than a helicopter.. only Abby could make that happen! My favorite part was their first dance. I get chills thinking about it. First of all they danced to Tim and Faith... secondly, Abby sang to Thomas the whole time and I have never seen a couple not even notice that anyone else was in the room. It was awesome. I gave Jon's hand an extra little squeeze remembering just how wonderful that first dance feels and the newness of marriage. Ah...
I don't have many pics, stole some from Jill and Jon's phone. I of course didn't take any pics, but once her shots come out I will share! Right now, they are on their honeymoon and keep sending us pictures of drinks with umbrellas and other magestic scenes... not cool! Hope their having the time of their lives!








1 comment:
such a great weekend. love the pic of the kids around abby getting their gifts
Post a Comment