Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nativity 2013

I titled this post with the year intentionally. This year we began a new tradition! Our church runs an amazing live nativity that brings over 30,000 people each year. We go through it each year and I've always looked forward to being a part, but it has been challenging with little ones. This year a friend asked us to share a scene for one night, which was really exciting. We were asked to do the toddler Jesus scene. Jon was Joseph, I was Mary and Will was toddler Jesus. Jake was in the next scene as a child with Jesus. Thanks to Rick and Janet for watching Kevin!!
 We had a blast! It was cold, but our scene and Jakes scene had space heaters behind the sets so that really helped. The volunteers also bring food and hot cocoa to us throughout the night, which was awesome. Will did pretty well. He lost his mojo halfway through but got it back near the end! For two and three year olds... I was really impressed with the toddler Jesus crew! Jake absolutely loved it. He is such a little mayor does just amazing in social settings. He was placed with adults and children he barely knew and had a ball. I'm so proud of both our boys and I loved sharing the story of Christmas with so many in such a unique way! It was a long night, but soo worth it! Can't wait until next year... Jake wants to do it again next weekend so who knows... May be a double appearance! 
Favorite lines of the night... 
Jake: "mom, I've gotta go... There's a big crowd out there!" 
Will: (mid tantrum) " No, I not be Jesus!" 








No comments: