What a beautiful weekend we had to celebrate Easter. The kids had a chance to see a ton of family and were spoiled with candy, egg hunts, trinkets and baskets galore. We are blessed with people who love us, that is for sure. I felt very peaceful this weekend. Every holiday that goes by, I realize how much older the kids are getting. Easter brunch- the kids lasted the whole time! They didn't need strollers, bottles or sippy cups and I didn't feel as stressed out. Jake sat through the Easter church service with us and was really listening. Watching their reactions to their baskets... A lot of joy in little moments for this mama! I was also thankful for the beautiful weather! The kids were able to be outside so much and we are all happier when that happens!
Each night, we tried to put more emphasis on the crucifiction and tell them about the Easter story. It is hard at this age though because you don't know how much really goes in... Jake understands it all and has a full and honest perspective of his belief. It's awesome and I am jealous of the awesome foundation he already has. My hope for the future is that all the boys will know Jesus was a real person who walked the earth, performed miracles and was the son of God. That they are thankful for His sacrifice for us and that he conquered the grave and we will see him again. This year, I mostly want them to understand Easter is much more than chocolate and eggs. (Although they are yummy)
This year more than most, I am keenly aware of how precious our time is with family. We need to enjoy each moment together. Life is short. This I know. Although we missed a few of our favorite people.... I was very happy we got to celebrate together! Here are some pics of the fun and of course the coordinating outfits... Obviously. What's a girl without daughters supposed to do????















No comments:
Post a Comment