Saturday, April 12, 2014

Wolf says, "owwwwww"

This past weekend, we took a trip to the Great Wolf lodge in the poconos. The past few years have been very busy. With kids being so little, we are not big vacation people at the moment. However, I try hard to fit it in something small at least once a year. Nothing big, but a weekend somewhere that is simply not home. Being a stay home mom and being home the large majority of the time... I know I needed it. So, I started looking for something relatively close to home and yet suitable for little guys. We normally do Lancaster, PA and love it there. However, I wanted to try something different. I had heard of GWL awhile ago,but was waiting until the little guys were old enough to do most of the activities offered. Once we decided to go, I couldn't wait. I think I was more excited than the kids. I really needed some time to just have fun with Jon and the boys. The daily ins and outs of raising boys can get... well tough. Add on life and all that comes with it and I needed a mental check out. And that it was! It was the perfect little trip for us. We still had the daily challenges of having three little boys. For example, they didn't sleep too great at night and Jake was running through the waterpark and after being reminded 100 times not to run... He fell really bad and ended up with a huge egg on the back of his head (scary). However, not being home and having to deal with laundry, homework and making meals... Made it all worth it. Plus, the kids were occupied the whole time! At night they got to sleep together in their own little, "wolf den," which included their own TV! We got to bowl, play arcade games, listen to stories, watch shows, go on a magical "quest," together and the boys favorite... Go out for ice cream two nights in a row! I am incredibly thankful we were able to get away and I feel refreshed. Back to life.... But feeling grateful! 

No comments: