It's been awhile since I took some time to just write about the boys. Each day, they consume my every thought and yet I record only a few. So, although I want them to have all of these great photos as well. Pictures can only say so much! Here is a brief description of each of my boys at the age they are right now and a little about me.
Jakers:
- You, my boy, are getting old.
- I find you often,"teaching," your brothers. You teach them about their bodies, the earth, God, people, food, poop... Everything. I love it! Makes me so proud. You are so smart!
- You are still a very sensitive, tendered hearted boy.
- Lately, you are scared of things. You run up the stairs if you are the last one up for fear of someone getting you. It amazes me, because I did this growing up too. So, I get it.
- You're reading like a champ! Seeing you read to Will or Kev... It simply takes my breath away. Just so awesome.
- You still love sports. Playing or watching. This year, you've gone to quite a few games with dad and adore it! You don't realize how lucky you are!
- You're slowly wanting more independence from your brother and I at times. You need some," quiet," time each day. I love that you know this about yourself already.
- You have also started to want to watch older you shows... Makes me sad, but it is cute to see you laugh at loud to shows that are more appropriate for your age.
- You have been awesome with switching schools for first grade and I'm so proud of your never ending positive attitude. You just love life and people.
-You still have a hard time leaving places sometimes... You never want to leave fun! Can't say I blame ya.
- Another sign that you're growing up is that you have become the last to wake up lately.
- You have a lot of energy, but are starting to slow down a bit.
- You stil don't like getting hair cuts, it freaks you out.
-You also don't like wearing dressy clothes. We have made a deal that Sundays are dreys clothes day.
- You're fun and game for anything most of the time.
- Your playing soccer this Fall and are trying basketball this winter for the first time.
- You like our little habits... You are a routine kid.
- You are a thinker... even as I'm talking to you.... I can tell sometimes that you're somewhere else, always thinking... You often think three steps ahead. It amazes me.
- You struggle to listen sometimes and it 90% of the time not intentional. However, we are working with you to focus in and really listen to people more, talk less.
- You tell me sometimes you miss learning about God in school... This breaks a mamas heart. However, we have tried to incorporate it more throughout our day and be more intentional and you like this a lot!
- You love new people, new places, new anything.
- I love that when I call you my sweet boy, you say you're a sweet mom.
- Your favorite dinner is: cheeseburgers... You'd eat them everyday, all day
- Your favorite color is green.
- You go to bed around 7:30-8:00 but get to stay up later than your brothers to have ten special minutes with mom and dad. This is your favorite thing.
William:
- Buddy, you can dance! Your moves are unreal. I know you learned from watching me (kidding)
- You also sing all the time. First thing in the morning, in the car, while you do school work at school, middle of the night,,.I love it!
- You love your blankie and paci like nobody else!! I have been telling you lately that the paci fairy is coming soon and you get very upset.
- Batman is still your favorite. Lately, you also love ninjas and want to be one for Halloween.
- You try to "read" things now following your big bro, who you adore.
- You like to drive the power wheels with Kevin around the court over and over again.
- You are doing great in school and your teachers say you are warming up.
- You are a little shy sometimes, but if and when you are comfortable.... Watch out! Willy shows up.
- You are always the first awake in the morning and you love your cereal and milk. Everyday you say, "milk in my cereal and in my cup"
- You love playing with your brothers no matter what they are doing.
-You're a comfort kid, you like your schedule the same and routines similar.
- You chose spider man shoes when I let you pick them and you like "cool" shirts.
- You love to help in the kitchen. Stirring, pouring or mixing are your favorites.
- You love visiting Daddy at work and often pretend to be going to work.
- You are incredibly generous and kind.
- This year you started soccer and were slow to warm up... But now you're loving it and you are very proud of yourself when you're on the field. You especially love being snack person.
- You are a great listener. Sometimes, you tend to be a little quieter because of this.
- You love to snuggle and always tell me how much you love me. Thank you for this Willy.
- Sometimes you become overwhelmed or overstimulated, but we are learning how to help you understand why.
-You like to be a ham.
- You love my approval. You often say,"right mom?"
-Your favorite place in the world is Great Wolf Lodge and you talk about it often,
- You memorize songs so quickly it's unreal.
- Lately, you requested to go get your hair cut at a "hair cut place." I took you and you loved it!
- Your favorite dinner is: meatballs
- Your favorite color is: blue
Kevin:
- You have arrived... You were a very docile, quiet baby and now... You are loud and proud my boy.
- You remind me a lot of your daddy. I think you're a blond daddy.
- Your head strong and you know what you want, when you want it.
- You absolutely love cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats. Anything that moves or has wheels.
- You love one on one time with me, as we don't have it often. You like me to sit next to you, hold hands and watch a show together or play cars or do puzzles. Anything.
-You are super sweet. You are the first one to say,"you okay?" If someone gets hurt.
- You're my shopping buddy. We do everything together when the boys are in school.
- You definitely get away with much more than you're brother ever did. I'm a more chill mom now and you take advantage!
- You are very busy and don't like to sit and be still very often.
-You're truly funny. You are quick with a funny face or voice to make me laugh.
- Your imagination is awesome, you create worlds and mechanic shops... It's awesome. I love listening to you pretending to play.
- You love driving the power wheels and can drive better than me already.
- You love taking a bath and playing cars in the bath. Lately, you have come to embrace showers too. You were scared of them before.
- You are opinionated. You like to pick out your clothes, meals, activities. You're a little cruise director!
- People are always amazed with how much you can do.
- You started school this year and really love it. I think you'd go seven days a week if I let you. At this point, you are there Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Your birthday party is year was all your idea! You told me exactly what you wanted... Too cute!
- We struggle throughout the day because you would like to be boss, but we kiss and hug just as much!
-You are super independent and already brush your own teeth, put your shoes on, go potty alone, do chores, clear your table.. Etc.
- I think you love Lacey the most. You two are so cute together. She plays so nicely with you.
- You talk all day..... Literally all day... It's amazing.
Oh how I love you boys. I never fully realized how awesome and yet challenging it would be to be your mom. Three boys is no joke! Our house is full of action! Each of you is so different and you all have so many needs and desires. So many dreams, opinions, voices and thoughts...I often find myself having to make sure each of us is heard. I also find it difficult to understand the boy mind, but I'm learning. You boys seem to do better when we are doing. So, we don't sit around much. This is perfect for me. I am not one to sit around... So you guys just give me the best reason ever to keep on moving! I love that you guys are all so close. You fight often and it can be challenging as you get physical sometimes too. So much energy and aggression in your little sweet bodies. The thing I have come to understand and love about boys is that when you argue or fight it is hot and strong,.. But quickly over and truly forgotten. I'm teaching you each day to show love to each other, be patient, listen to each other... Most of all encourage each other. I stress how special it is that you have each other. God has blessed us that's for sure....each day we read a little bible lesson after breakfast and pray before school. I tell you each day to obey your teachers and be kind to your friends. At night, I tell you that you are sweet, smart and strong. Then I tell you that Jesus wants to live in your heart and God has BIG plans for you. I just pray that these daily messages stick. Above all, I want you to love God, your family and others and give more than you take. Our daily lives are full right now and I know more activity is to come. I truly desire to limit the extra curricular activity, kids these days don't just play. Kids are often not home enough to play. I want us home as often as possible. Outside as often as possible. It's not easy, but I pray that we will be able to maintain our simple life mentality as we go forward and be able to carve out time everyday to just be together as a family. Love you boys and Daddy and I are exhausted raising you and we wouldn't have it any other way!!





No comments:
Post a Comment