Sunday, January 18, 2015

A New Year it is!!!

This year, we spent New Year's Eve with our church community group. This is a group of people we get together with every Sunday night and try and, "do life," together. We read books on marriage and parenting, watch video series among other things. All trying to learn how to live a christian life in the world today, maintain solid marriages and be intentional parents. Doing life with these people the past two years has changed my life at our church dramatically. I feel like I have a second home now and a group of people looking out for us, praying for us and having fun together! These people help us stay accountable, grow personally and as a family and we have built a trust and bond that to me is priceless. We may or may not not see each other in between Sundays,but we are there for each other, I'm thrilled that my kids are getting to witness what a community feels like. They see us set aside time for family and make it a priority. They are watching us desire to know God more, work on our marriage and learn more about how to be the parents we need to be for our kids. I think that is incredibly powerful. I'm thankful for these people (not all could be present that night) and look forward to beginning a new year supporting each other and having more fun!! 








No comments: