Monday, February 9, 2015

And then he turned seven...

My oldest baby is seven. I don't really know how to feel about this... It's like I blinked and all of a sudden I have a boy in front of me who is really big! He will always be my very first baby. The nice thing about being the first born is that even though you end up having to,"share mommy and daddy," you get to experience everything for the first time together. We had our first feelings, bottles, cry it out sessions, crawling, walking and talking moments together. We learned what tantrums were and how toddlers act. Now, we are seeing a boy who can read books, do homework by himself, take showers, write thoughtful notes, make phone calls, pray to God, teach his brothers... All for the first time. It is very special and for me it never gets dull. Our biggest is continuing to be big. It breaks my heart and gives me butterflies in my stomach to think of just how old you really are.  At the same time, it makes my heart melt and swell with pride at the boy you have become. 

Here is a wee taste of our boy at seven years old:

- You still maintain a slightly gullible, but mostly innocenct way that I hope you never lose.
- Your love for sports continues to grow as you now can watch a game the whole way through and have somehow managed to learn all of the rules and players names. Daddy loves it!
- Although, you are a fair weather fan and,"your team," does seem to change depending on who's winning....hehe
- You love board games. Although between school and activities we have less time to sit and play... So we make time.
- You like reading at night and I often come in your room the next morning to find a large stack of books all over the floor. 
- As far as clothing goes, you would wear,"sports gear," every day all day. So, we have an arrangement that Sundays, I get to dress you! 
- You are becoming more responsible and helpful around the house. You're not the biggest fan of chores, but you are motivated by money and rewards. So, we are working on helping you understand the meaning behind hard work and helping you see it's more than short lived rewards.
- You also love video games. So much so that we have to put limits on it. Your favorite games are football games and minecraft.
- You have become a great eater and are much more willing to try new foods. 
- You're fun to be around and truly enjoy life. I love that about you!
- I think you are one of the friendliest kids in the world. You befriend and have fun with anyone.
- You love school. Especially gym, art and reading. 
- You love church and youth group (FUSE) and often pray for others who may need it. Makes me so proud. 
- Your mind never shuts off. At all times you are either talking to someone or yourself, running a football play accross the family room (literally) jumping around and laughing about something your thinking about, You my boy are a thinker and sometimes quite a bit of a dreamer. I hope you learn to channel this ability for the good because I think it is amazing. 
- Words to describe you right now would be: sporty, fun, energetic, likable, outgoing, sensitive, dreamy 
- Favorite color: green
- Favorite foods: cheeseburger, fruit, tacos
- My prediction for your profession: Pastor or Engineer
- Dads Prediction for your profession: Something in sales 

FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY
FIRST DAY OF MOMMY AND ME CLASS (18M)

SECOND BIRTHDAY PARTY 


THREE YEARS OLD 

KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION 

LAST WEEK, ME AND MY SWEET BOY. SEVEN YEARS OLD. 








No comments: