Friday, April 17, 2009

Jake the Star...hehe

So, about 6 months or so ago I am in the grocery store waiting at the Deli and I strick up conversation with a woman. This is not unusual for me, because I talk to anyone who will talk back and love meeting random people. So, anyway... she is complimenting me on how cute Jake is and I am saying thank you and so on. She starts to tell me that she owns a children's modeling agency and that she has seen a lot of babies and she said she thinks Jake is an adorable baby. I am still not thinking much of this and saying thank you and being polite. She gives me her card and tells me it is easy and she is located in Cherry Hill and I should stop by. So, to make a long story longer... I went. We had a five minute meeting where she explained that if I paid a small amount of money, Jake's picture could be put on their secure website that only agents have access to and that I could send them new pics whenever I wanted. Then the agents, when looking for a model, peruse the pics then call you with a job. So, we got three or four jobs the first two weeks, it was nutz! I only went to two of them, they were both for Toys R' US/Babies R Us. We got a call for Puff Daddy's clothing line and another Toys R' Us ad but I couldn't make it those days and was feeling a little overwhelmed with the drive to N. Jerz. So, We show up to this studio and there are 20-30 people working the set. They had Jake sit on a white box with a white background and he made all kinds of faces. He loved the attention and it took 20 mins. They couldn't tell me which ad he would be in because they were shooting for a lot of things. They said they could use his picture for three years though, so I try and check the circulars every other week. I finally found him in two different pictures. One you can barely see him in. He was sitting in the treehouse of a swingset, but this one you can se him a little better. I don't know if I would ever do it again, but it was an experience and Jake made some money for himself.

3 comments:

Nonni said...

HI Joanne,
Chris and I loved seeing Jake in the ad, he is adorable. Hope to see you when we are down for Brookie's b-day. xo Jane G.

one wild and precious life said...

oh. my. goodness. that is amazing! go jakey!

Unknown said...

that is so cool! i will keep my eye out for jake!!