This week we had a pool safety fence installed. With Jake, Jack and Brooke running around we didn't want to take any chances. It was a bit of an expense, but the peace of mind is priceless. Our pool is opening tomorrow morning!!!! I have been going to the Y on Fridays to teach Jake to swim. Last week he went under the water two times! He was a little scared, but he did it! I can't wait to practice in the pool. Here is a picture from website we bought our fence from (not our pool, but gives you an idea). 

Jake has been acting like such a big boy lately. He wants to do everything that his Daddy, Mommy and cousin Jack do. He tries to go down the stairs while holding onto the railing like an adult (resulting in tumbling down the stairs). He wants to sit at a normal chair (resulting in trying to stand/climb on the table). He likes to build with Daddy's tools and use all the same household cleaning items as Mommy (cute when he is brooming, scary when he goes for the drill or hammer). He also LOVES to wrestle with Daddy. He screams with delight when they start and begs for more when Jon is tired. Recently, he has started wrestling anyone who is willing. (Jack, Brooke...volunteer at the nursery... oops) He is also saying more words each day. All of a sudden, his vocab just exploded. He really tries to repeat what you say and sometimes he says things and I convince myself that I am just hearing things. At lunch a few days ago he said," I color." and he brought me my purse and said,"open dis." It is crazy! I love how I can communicate a little more with him now. He is definitely understanding and making connections between words and actions or sounds. I love to watch him grow and thank God everyday for the gift of motherhood. It is a tough job, but worth all the work involved!
This coming weekend I am going down to Baltimore for my friend Lindsay's baby shower. She is expecting her first little on June 11th. Then, the following weekend we are off to Alexandria, VA for my sister's baby shower! She is expecting a baby boy on June 10th. Babies everywhere!
Here is a picture I stole from my sister in law's blog...the kiddos on a nice walk, Jake of course brought a ball with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment