From Sunday to Tuesday I went to visit my dad, Carol, Courtney and Christian at Lewes Beach. Mike and Katie came with Jake and I. It was quite the adventure. We drove down to the Cape May/ Lewes Ferry and took our car over. Jake loved it. We've done the ferry with him before but he was only six months old so this time it was a wee bit different. He was busy little sailor on the boat. We did lap after lap and also "played" with some arcade games to keep him busy. He loved seeing the boats and birds. We even spotted dolphins. Jake kept saying his latest phrase,"What's that?" In Lewes, we had beach fun, pool fun and even went on a ride at the boardwalk. I was so excited because in Rehobeth they have amazing little kid rides. I was certain he would love them. To my surprise.. he hated it. He yelled," no no no," the whole time and pushed me to get off. Of course I chose a ride that went up and down in the air, so I was a nervous wreck as he was trying to get out. Apparently he wasn't the only unhappy camper on the ride. A little boy two helicopters down was screaming the whole time. Mike and Katie were awesome traveling with Jake and so helpful! My dad had a great time tickling Jake and making him laugh as usual. All he has to do is see my dad and he starts laughing. It was a wonderful weekend of pizza, Fishers popcorn, Candy Kitchen taffy, Nicola pizza and all the beach fun you can pack into two days. Now, I am off to bed because I am exhausted from all this fun. We have a wedding this weekend too so it is not over yet. Back to the shore on Friday!
2 comments:
We love rehobeth! They definetly have the best kiddie rides and so many of them. too bad jake didn't like them, but there will always be next time. We haven't gone yet this summer but we have plans to do the ferry too. So much fun!
i think he looks so much like you in the first picture and so much like jon in the pic where he is holding your hand walking:)
Post a Comment