Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Friends, New Experiences

My neighbor and I have recently started hanging out and she is wonderful! We both have little boys around the same age and they get along great. Today, she invited us to go to Borders story hour. I was a little nervous because Jake is a busy boy. At home he loves when I read to him and he is always reading books in the car, so I thought let's try! Well...it was... funny. The boys did great for about 5 seconds. It was a wonderful 5 seconds and I sat as a proud mom thinking this is so nice! Then the boys noticed they could stand and that there were toys in the vicinity. It was over. So, after 10 minutes of attempting to redirect them, we scratched the idea and went to Oceans and Motions. It is an adorable indoor playroom full of fun toys. They loved it. We topped the day off with some pizza and home for naps. I know he is a little young for story hour, but I'll keep trying because I love the idea of him sitting nicely listening to stories.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't wait to have him in my story time in a couple of years!