Friday, October 23, 2009

Spooky halloween tale

So, a few days ago I was in the middle of tutoring when I heard the sound of a creaking door upstairs.CRRRREEEEAKK... Then, the sound of faint footsteps. Stomp, Stomp, Stomp...Was it a ghost?...Was it a monster? No, it was something FAR scarier than anything mother can imagine... it was a...

Toddler who learned to climb out of his crib!!!! Ahhhhhh

Yes, Jake has learned how to climb out of his crib. A nightmare to me. He is loving it too! Yesterday, it took me six attempts to put him to sleep for his nap. He just kept hopping right out. I felt like super nanny. I just kept going in, saying," No Jake nap time. Mommy loves you night night." Then, he would cry like he has never cried before and pop... he would climb right back out. The third time I went up, I heard him say "cool!" When I went in, he was on top of the changing table with all five fingers in his vapor rub. Needless to say his room has been stripped of everything. However, he finally gave in and I felt very successful. Last night he went down normally. However, it means decision time. We have to make a decision about how we are going to handle this. This morning I woke up and he was half way down the stairs! Jon and I think we will try making his bed a daybed and attaching a rail then lock his door from the outside so he cannot hurt himself. That way we can go to sleep knowing he is okay. Who knows... we will try and see what happens. Who knew parenting was this tough? You never know if your making the right choice. You just have to stick with what you think is right then hope and pray for the best. Wish us luck!!


Jake having fun at mommy and me preschool

1 comment:

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

Hilarious title! I love the pics