I do love fall but things just seem to get a little too busy for my liking. Between tutoring, preparing for the Buddy Walk, decorating the house, school starting for Jake and bible study starting for mommy, things have been nutty. Jake has been such a good sport through all of it. I am happy to say things have finally slowed down and we are getting back to the park and our usual playdates. The past month or so has been wonderful with Jake. He is really showing his ability to learn and obey mommy. That is HUGE!! Of course we still have our moments, but overall I am soo proud of him. Yesterday, we went to the farm with friends and had a blast. He held my hand the whole time without a fuss and stopped when I said stop. I love days when I can see my hard work paying off. I am really learning the kind of kid he is. When he wants his way, which is most of the time... a little chat with mommy can usually calm the situation and then he obeys me. It's nice when I figure something out and see it worked the next time a situation arises. We have also been "teaching" him colors, letters and I'm trying to show him how to count. I love to see him pointing in his books and pretending to read. I will often ask him how many trees or buttons are there? He so cutely points and points the whole time saying four, four, four... so adorable! I always loved teaching, but seeing my own child learn is a very cool experience.
Feeding the ducks at Aunt Janet's



Preparing for Halloween.. hint hint...
No comments:
Post a Comment