What a week it has been! Last Monday Jon came down with the flu (which we are assuming was swine), he never saw a doctor. Then, this past Monday I caught it and my doctor also assumed it was swine flu. Oh what fun it is. I forgot how awful the flu is. I felt like a little kid again, wanting my mom there to feed me red Gatorade and rub my back. Jon tried his best to play mom! He is always wonderful when I am sick. He takes on Jake duties like a champ. Jake also had a lot of help from Aunt Janet and I had many phone calls from friends and family. Thanks to ALL! Jake had the flu shot and I think it saved him. He has an ear infection and a bad cold, but we will take it. Everyone is getting better and we are almost 100% over here now. Thank goodness!
self explanatory...
"Staying alive" dance
Jake was able to convince his polar bear to play with him when mommy couldn't
Given the fact that we have been sick, we have had a lot of family time. We didn't leave the house this week other than to go to the doctor or pick up prescriptions. We have been creative with how to entertain ourselves. We started pillow piles, made up games (my favorite being, "where is baby Jesus?", played on pots and pans, doing Obama impressions (hysterical, trying to get this on video)... anything we can think of.
"Staying alive" dance
Jake was able to convince his polar bear to play with him when mommy couldn't

We are also very excited that the snow is here. We all went out in it this morning and had a blast. Jake is fearless in the snow and seems to have no gauge for temperature. In the summer he will jump right into a cold pool and today he face planted in the snow and stood up laughing. It amazes me. He cried when we brought him in and could have stayed out all day.
I am personally so excited that it is Christmas week. This is my favorite time of the year. I love the meaning of Christmas, the music, the lights, the parties, giving gifts... I love it all. It is a bitter/sweet time for me in many ways because it was also my moms favorite time. She made it so special. She made it all about family and friends. I love sharing these times with many people because of her and I want that for Jake. I know that it is up to me now to make future holidays special for my little family. I love traditions, so I look forward to creating our own this season. This year, I am trying to incorporate the meaning of Christmas into activities or discussions with Jake. I know he is so little, but he understands so much. It is never to early to start learning about the wonder of Christ.
My runny nosed lumberJAKE
G boys display
I am personally so excited that it is Christmas week. This is my favorite time of the year. I love the meaning of Christmas, the music, the lights, the parties, giving gifts... I love it all. It is a bitter/sweet time for me in many ways because it was also my moms favorite time. She made it so special. She made it all about family and friends. I love sharing these times with many people because of her and I want that for Jake. I know that it is up to me now to make future holidays special for my little family. I love traditions, so I look forward to creating our own this season. This year, I am trying to incorporate the meaning of Christmas into activities or discussions with Jake. I know he is so little, but he understands so much. It is never to early to start learning about the wonder of Christ.
My runny nosed lumberJAKE
G boys display
No comments:
Post a Comment