Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2 Years Old

Could it really have been two years ago?? It is hard to imagine a life without our Jake. He has brought so much joy, love and action into our lives. He has also taught me many things.
Before Jake, I never knew...
- labor could be so scary and wonderful at the same time
- how to function on no sleep
- how I would react when my baby is seriously injured (not very well...)
- my heart was capable of loving someone this much
- how much a little smile could make your day
- he sweet he would be
- there were so many baby products on the market
- that when Jake loves me back, I would feel so lucky
- how much I would stress over discipline

- what play dough taste like
- that Jon was so tender and loving
- how all consuming children can be
- how much I love to sing
- that my life would be so blessed
so many things....

Jake is a wonderful, sweet and smart little boy. I always wanted to be a mom. I didn't realize how much I would love it, until I met him.
Jake at two years old:
- 26 lbs.
- decent napper, sleeps 12 hours at night
- is very excitable and happy
- sleeps with a much loved paci (needs to go soon), blankie and puppy
- loves to play with cars, trains or trucks
- loves to paint, color and draw
-makes sound effects as he plays
- likes being outside no matter what the weather
- LOVES basketball
- enjoys being read to and sung to, his favorites are happy birthday or itsy bitsy spider
- has a shy and sensitive side
- loves to smile and has an adorable giggle
- is a wee bit controlling and will tell you where to sit when your playing with him... working on that one!
- watches The Wiggles, Barney,Elmo, pretty much anything with music.
- likes to dance
- LOVES to be chased
- favorite place: the park
- favorite drink: appa juice
- favorite snack: banana
-favorite book: Baby Angels or Wiggles Alphabet
- knows his letters and most of their sounds
- knows his colors and shapes
- dislikes numbers and has no interest in them
- dislikes sitting still or being confined
-loves action: jumping, running, crashing
- loves to swim and be in the bath
- loves helping his daddy with chores
-prays with me every night on his little knees

Here are some pictures from Jake's party!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Jake!! Love the adorable party pics!

Angela said...

Just stumbled across your blog by accident and thought pics of Jake were lovely. Enjoy being a stay home Mum as long as you can - when your kids are in their 20s [like my two girls are now] you will thank the Lord for those precious hours you had with them.
God bless you and your family xx

lilly90206 said...

plaese be my friend