Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Boys... wow

Lately, I have been feeling a wee bit overwhelmed with the idea of three boys. I am honored and humbled that God thinks that I am capable of this task. However, Jake is in a new shall I say "hyper" phase. I am not sure what it is, but the more tired he is... the more wild. I'm not exactly a wild or hyper person and don't really know what to do with all of his energy. Will is also on the move now. He is crawling on all fours, pulling himself to stand everywhere including his crib and he moves quick! Jake loves Will to pieces. The boys wrestle already and Jake is way too rough with Will. Most of the time, Will completely welcomes it. However, I am trying to manage what is boys being boys and what is too rough. Am I really already dealing with this already?? Will is only nine months old! Crazy... We are outside as much as possible and my creative juices are majorly flowing around the Sharp house. We create race tracks out of everything... make up active games constantly... run laps around the yard weekly....go on treasure hunts several times a week... I'll do anything to use our energy! I am one tired pregs that is for sure. This past week, I have been feeling pregnant. It only took thirty seven weeks, but I finally really feel it!









I am so very excited to meet our new little man, Kevin. I cannot believe he will be here so soon. I am little nervous about having two soo little. Jake is very independent, but Will is still soo little. He loves to be held and loves his mama! So, I think he has a rude awakening ahead of him. Jake will be fine, I have no doubt. I think he thinks this is just how things work around here... every nine months... a new baby boy arrives! He tells me all the time we will have ten babies. Their names will be Jake and that we will need a new bath tub to fit them in. Cracks me up. I promise him that won't happen and he is always disappointed. I tell him that if I survive three boys, we may be lucky to get a sister some day... maybe...

Tomorrow is our official adoption ceremony and we will become Will's legal parents. It feels surreal because I never doubted that he was ours. Will is my son. I loved him from the minute I heard about him and have never felt anything other than a motherly love for him. The adoption process for Jon and I has felt exactly the same as actual labor... except, less painful for me! I am excited that the process is ending in a sense and look forward to sharing all of these experiences with him when he is ready or willing to hear all about it. I can't imagine our lives without him! My Willy Nills... love him.


I wanted to post some cell phone pics because sometimes I don't have my camera and it is occurring more often lately. I am always aware of the speed of time and can't stand how quickly it moves. I never want to forget a thing about my boys growing up. My two little boys... growing up too fast...soon to be three!!


Jake's first drawing of our family



Funtimes with Aunt Nikki and sunglasses



Still obsessed with golf



First haircut



Had to purchase this hat



First brothers see saw ride



He is eating everything!!

No comments: