Monday, January 23, 2012

Four Years Old... Really?

Ugh, I could cry even typing the title to this post. Gone are the days of Jake telling people he is "Fwee..." Oh how I will miss hearing him say that. Yup, tears have started. My biggest is four, or will be tomorrow. We celebrated his birthday over the weekend with family and some friends at the local bowling alley. He requested that he have a bowling party about six months ago and hasn't stopped talking about it since. He also couldn't wait to go to Party City. I guess he thought it was an actual city because he was very disappointed to learn it was just a store! I realized this year how much our little world of friends has expanded because I had to choose, "groups," of his friends instead of everyone. This was a nice feeling in a way. We are always so busy with babies over here and sometime I feel overwhelmed by the fact that we don't get out much. When I look at his little world though, he has a lot of friends and it makes me smile. We invited his "school friends, family friends and neighborhood friends," this year. Which ended up being quite a few, but it was a blast!
Jake was so excited to see everyone and he couldn't contain himself on the way to the party. He was yelling," Why aren't we there yet??... the whole way there. Keep in mind it is maybe a ten minute drive. We talked to him this year about how to show thankfulness to his friends for coming and I was so proud to see him get up and greet his friends and make sure to say goodbye before they left. It was adorable. At one point he barreled down the lane to run and say goodbye to one of his buddies. The kids seemed to love bowling and they actually played the whole time. I was shocked. Afterwards, we had our family back to help us finish off the left over and open presents. Jake was psyched to get some new toys and hasn't stopped playing them since we opened them.
My little boy...four. Feels like yesterday that Jon was videotaping me saying," Alright Buddy, we are heading to the hospital because you are ready to arrive!" Ugh... Jake you have brought more joy to my life than I could have ever anticipated. Motherhood began for me the day I saw the word pregnant and I love it a little more each day! I am proud of the boy you have become and love being around you. You are a sweet, lovable, kind boy and my favorite thing to do is play with you and your brothers. At night, after Daddy has read you books and played angry birds for a few minutes with you...I get to sing to you and tuck you in. As tired as I am some nights, I can't wait until I close that door and say," I love you more than (fill in the blank)... last night it was "I love you more than bowling parties!" And you never fail to beat me by saying..." I love you more than everything in this world!"The way you say world with your little south jersey accent get me every time! You tell me you love me at least ten times a day and I hope that never ends!!!
Jake at Four:
- You are incredibly competitive which you don't get from me and you LOVE sports.
- You would play games all day if you could.
- You eat out of necessity and never want to miss a thing.
- You love life and bring joy to everyone around you.
- Knock knock jokes are a favorite past time of yours.
- In the car, you ask a million questions about the world. Although some days, they can be exhausting.... you have a natural curiosity and love for learning that I hope stays.
- Your favorite color is orange and everything is orange.
- You have endless energy that always amazes us.
- You played soccer this fall and begin wiffle ball this Saturday. They are your favorite activities by far!
- If you were allowed to you would be outside with your neighborhood friends all day. You guys play hockey, baseball and basketball in the street every chance you get.
- Your teacher is Miss Jeannie and you love show and tell!
- You like to wear your "easy shoes," which are slip ons.
- You love to dance still and now like to play instruments. Hence, the drum set you got for your birthday.
- At night when Daddy comes home... you always want to wrestle and are so sweet to always include Will.
- You like to help out around the house. Especially with Daddy when he fixes things.
- You love watching sports with Daddy... especially hockey!
- You are so patient when we are dealing with the babies. I know it has to be hard and you try so hard to wait nicely.
- You still claim you cant dress yourself...we're working on that one!
- Your favorite toy is the Phillies bean bag toss game.
- You wear 3t or 4t pants and 5t shirts and have a size 9 shoe.
- You still can't stand hair cuts... but your getting better.
--You pray each night for your friends and often ask about heaven and "the angels."
- Mac and cheese is Mac and go cheese!
- Our computer is the cuter...
- And you are obsessed with the show wipeout and the idea of "adventure courses." You create them all day long!!
We love you with all of our hearts biggest boy... Happy birthday!!!!

No comments: