
It has always been the little stuff that gets to me. A little conversation, a little hug or hand hold, a note sent from a friend on my birthday... nothing big, but it's the little things that mean so much. I had one of those moments this week with Jake. We were walking into Nikki's pool club and the sky was just amazing. I am a lover of weather and clouds. Many of you are aware of my nerd tendencies, but I'm a huge science nerd... like took genetics for fun in college kind of nerd. Anyway, as I was looking up I said to Jake, "Look at the sky buddy. How amazing are the clouds? They don't even look real. Those are cumulus clouds. How do you think God made such an amazing sky? Do you think he used a paintbrush?" He looked at me with this very mature "come on mom... you should know better," look. Then, he said," It's because he has special powers." I said," That's very true Jake.. very true." And in typical four year old fashion... the converstion was over. It was a little conversation. Nothing deep or fancy, but it meant so much to me. My little boy stopped me in my tracks with his matter of fact faith. I hope he always maintains it and that long after I am gone... he will look at the sky and be amazed.
 |
| Mommy and Will hittin' the slide |
 |
| Loving solid food |
 |
| Weekly Visit to the Farm |
 |
| Sleepy Little Buddies |
No comments:
Post a Comment