Saturday, August 11, 2012

Little Shorecation

I have been dying to," get away," for some time now. The past eighteen months has been quite busy around here and we have had a lot of adjustment. First with Will being born, then me getting pregnant and being so sick and stuck in bed. Then, Kevin was born when Will was just nine months old and Jake adjusting to two brothers and all that comes with having two babies around... it has been a lot. I wouldn't have it any other way and I know it is God's plan for us, but man is it exhausting sometimes. After the whole moving dilemma, I think we all just needed some fun and relaxation. However, it just hasn't seemed feasible with Will and Kevin being so little and needing so much stuff. They also both take two naps, so the maintaince of all of that just seemed exhausting and the opposite of a vacation.
Last week, Janet and Rick offered their beach house for a few days to Nikki, the kids and I. The shore is close and the boys get so worn out that they sleep well, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. We were thrilled, thankful and the boys couldn't wait. I am happy to report that it was relaxing and we had a great time. Just not being home to worry about laundry, cleaning and cooking dinner took away so much of my daily stress. I could focus in on the kids... laugh with them and just enjoy their company. It was really nice. I really needed it. Nikki and I loved having sister time together too. When the boys went to bed, we stayed up and chatted. Overall, it was awesome and I know we all needed it. Thanks again to Janet and Rick for letting us bring our crazy boys to your beautiful home!
Ice Cream was a treat!
LOVED the carousel ride
Arcade was a hit
 

Will slept in til 8 everyday
Walking to town





Boys got to ride in police vehicles

Jake had fun with his beach paddles
Jake was a proffesional with the hockey stick


Police Demo

Soo happy

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i loved these pics, jo. and way to look like the youngest, cutest mom ever - glad you had a great time!