Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sweet Little Retreat

Jon was able to sneak away for a day or two from work this week and we decided to head to the shore. Thank you to Rick and Janet for allowing us to use your amazing house! It is always nice to take a break from the usual routine and just be us. We played board games, jumped in the ocean, ate ice cream each night, played mini-golf, went to the zoo and walked to the park. Simple and fun. Love it.
"If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging."
~Diane Loomans
Cape May Zoo

shh.... monkeys are sleeping!


All three playing contently... lovely





What to do when the hubbs won't smile for a pic
Tickle attack

That's better

You have a little sand on your face Kev


Thank you Lord for Jon and these little men who make it all worth it!


No comments: