Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Room Redo

Jake's room has always been a work in progress. When we moved into this house the room had a pale blue color on the walls and had been rag painted. I am not typically a fan of rag painting, but the blue kind of worked and we made the best of it. Now, that I know we are staying in this house and he has grown up a wee bit, I decided to start focusing in on his room. First step, paint the walls! We got rid of the old blue and painted the room a Benjamin Moore (PB) color called Shaker Beige. It is perfect! I wanted a light, but warm beige. Then, I purchased a new quilt and pillow shame to match the room and bring in some more colors. The color pallette I'm trying to use is navy, green and beige. I am trying to think forward with the big choices, so he can grow into them. I then found a great quilt at Home Goods (LOVE). It is a navy, green and beige patchwork kind of look. Adorable and affordable! Cute and yet boyish. I bought two because I hope to get him bunk beds one day. Jake wants a sports room again, so I'm trying to do a more mature, "cool," sports room. Still working on decor. Thinking I may paint his dress navy and get a Phillies stadium fathead.com decal to top it off. I just love decorating... especially re-decorating. I love the feeling of an old space becoming brand new. I also like to challenge myself to do it on a small budget. First, because I have too and second, because it makes me more creative! Here are the before and afters... stil decor pics to come.
 
BEFORE



AFTER


Sorry for the bad lighting
Just love this bedding. Looks cozy to me!

No comments: