Saturday, September 22, 2012

One Year Old

For years, I have wanted to plan an outdoor birthday party. Jake and Will are both winter b-days and I have had to make do and get creative with indoor parties. However, it was so much fun to plan a," park party." We live within walking distance of a great park and I've always wanted to have a party there. So, we did! Kevin turns one on September 27th. Which I still just can't wrap my brain around. We had a family party for him this afternoon and these days,"family parties," are no longer your small, quaint event. Our families have grown tremendously in the last few years. Between my family and Jon's there are now nine grandchildren. So much fun.
I go all out for first birthdays. Not that I don't go out for other b-days, but firsts are special to me. This time, I decided to do a wholesome pumpkin theme. We called it,"Our little pumpkin turns one." My sister and I are slowly developing a party prints business. Don't hold your breath... we are a little busy, but one of these days we will be up and running on etsy. With that said, we go all out for b-days. We design everything from the invite to the water bottle and food labels. It has been such fun and has really made our parties feel special. Kev was chill throughout the party, as he always is. He sat in his highchair half the time and munched on snacks. He loved the cake and balloons. Everyone gave him special attention. He even loved opening gifts! Which suprised me. I didn't think he would even notice them. By the end of the day, Jon and I both said," what a great night." To me, there is nothing like a great night with your family. I have dreamed of these days since I was a little girl loading up her pink Barbie mini-van. Tonight, I feel that I have already succeeded in this life. Not because I threw a great party... although, it was pretty fab... because I have a wonderful family. They are not perfect, far from it. However, we love each other and that is all that matters to me. It was so special to celebrate yet another blessing from God, which came in the form of a precious little boy named Kevin. Each of our children has come to us in a suprising way and we are blessed to have three unique and sweet boys. We love them dearly and tonight feel thankful for all that we have. Happy birthday to our lil' pumpkin Kevin. You complete our family and make us so very happy!
























1 comment:

Jill said...

we have so much to be thankful for! great party, jo. thankful you are my family.