It will soon be ten years since I lost my mother. Ten years... Oh how my heart aches at that thought. Anyone who has lost anyone, probablly knows the feeling I have. Heart ache is the best way to describe it. My chest literally aches some days... I often wonder if my mom felt this way about us growing up. I know she was terribly sad when we went away to college. Happy for us, but it took her a little while to adjust to, "empty nesting." She didn't really want an empty nest. NEITHER do I!! Thankfully, I am a long way from that right now. Ask Jon and he will tell you we are done. However, as I once heard someone say, I feel like we're not all here yet." I loved that and it's exactly how I feel. We are finished having babies... but I would love to adopt a little girl. I long to have that mother/daughter relationship again. Is that just my dream though? Is that just my plan? I am spending a lot of time in prayer about what it is that God wants for our lives and not just what Jo wants... I am also spending a lot of time counting my blessings and working on being content. I have learned that His plans for our life are always better than anything I could ever dream up. So, for now... I am going to keep soaking in my boys and blessed family and the wonder of what God has done for me.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
La,la,la,la life goes on
It will soon be ten years since I lost my mother. Ten years... Oh how my heart aches at that thought. Anyone who has lost anyone, probablly knows the feeling I have. Heart ache is the best way to describe it. My chest literally aches some days... I often wonder if my mom felt this way about us growing up. I know she was terribly sad when we went away to college. Happy for us, but it took her a little while to adjust to, "empty nesting." She didn't really want an empty nest. NEITHER do I!! Thankfully, I am a long way from that right now. Ask Jon and he will tell you we are done. However, as I once heard someone say, I feel like we're not all here yet." I loved that and it's exactly how I feel. We are finished having babies... but I would love to adopt a little girl. I long to have that mother/daughter relationship again. Is that just my dream though? Is that just my plan? I am spending a lot of time in prayer about what it is that God wants for our lives and not just what Jo wants... I am also spending a lot of time counting my blessings and working on being content. I have learned that His plans for our life are always better than anything I could ever dream up. So, for now... I am going to keep soaking in my boys and blessed family and the wonder of what God has done for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment