Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cousin Camp 2013

Growing up, my family lived thousands of miles from me in Ireland. I did not have aunts or uncles or even cousins whom I knew well. I had a blessed childhood don't get me wrong, but I knew that when I grew up, I wanted a big family and extended family connections were important to me. My children are beyond blessed by the family they have who love them. My boys now have eight cousins all under six years old! Tons of playmates and friends who call them family. 
Cousin camp is an idea I have wanted to do for a few years now. I saw it on a women's blog and knew we had to start this tradition, but they would need to be older. So, finally the opportunity came and the kids loved it! We played toys together, made tie dye t-shirts, attempted to make our own bouncy balls (flop), tried learning rainbow loom together, created stunt airplanes (boys adored), prayed and had lunch and we were at nap time! It went by so fast and the kids were sad it was over. I told them to look forward to next year!  Eventually, I want it to be an overnight afire with tents and s'mores!! Love cuzzy camp!


No comments: