Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Movin' Up to Kindergarten
Jake's kindergarten orientation was today. He woke up super early because he was so excited. I didn't really think I would be emotional today but, I was. We pulled up to school for the kindergarten tea. It was going to be about an hour and a half long. Jake thought it was his first day of school apparently? He jumped out of the car right away began walking across the parking lot (as If he knows where he is going) and says, "bye mom!" I of course had to explain that I would be with him for most of today and that his first day was not for another week. He was bummed because he wanted to stay longer. After I brought him to his class table and he met his teacher, who was fab, I went at sat with the parents. We knew a few families which was nice so he has some friends in his class already! As I listened to the adorable vice principal talk about kindergarten and the emotional adjustment, I well up with tears... Jake meanwhile is chatting with a friend already and being shushed by his teacher (greattttttt). I had a harder time than he did. He is ready. He is excited. I am so proud of the outgoing, spontaneous and funny little boy he is. We will definitely miss him around the house, but I know in my heart he is ready! Mama needs some prayer and tissues, but I'll get there too. I was anxious about sending him into the world and thought a lot about where to send him. Jon and I both prayed for a year or so about it. We feel completely excited about the school we chose for him. Then as I'm leaving a teacher handed me an adorable little pouch with this poem and my heart swelled once again. Love this school already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment