When we dropped him off this morning, I felt anxious pulling into the parking lot. I just couldn't believe it was here. Then, he ran right into his class line...put his lunch away...and started playing with new friends in line. Just like that. It melted my heart and me so proud of him. Jon said," alright, so I guess we go?" And I said," no way... Lets stay as long as we can!" Mommy stalking... All the other parents lingered as well thankfully. We all just stood around the back of the gym watching our babies in their uniforms all grown up. I think I may have been more emotional in that moment had he not been so excited. It also helped that the little guys were all over the place, a little distraction. We got to watch the whole school pray, stand up in line and then watch jakes class walk in line to their classroom. As he walked by he blew me kisses and said,"see ya dad." Perfect. That's my boy, he knows his mama needs kisses!! We walked out. Strapped little guys in...and then came the tears!!! Ugh. I can't pick him up until 2:45??? Will he be alright? Already??? What will the boys and I do all day without our Jakers??? Reality quickly hit me... But man I felt it for a few minutes. Thankfully Jon was there to hold my hand and tell me I was funny. That made me feel better.
The boys and I met a friend and her daughter at the park afterwards. Her son, jakes buddy, also started kindergarten at a different school today. So sharing notes and feelings helped me too. Plus, keeping up with the little guys is enough to fill my mind that's for sure!!
Can't wait until he's home this afternoon to hear all about his first day. Hoping he gives me lots of details!!! Psych.. He is a boy right? Hoping I get one detail at least!









No comments:
Post a Comment