Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fighting my winter discontent

I I struggle with discontentment. Mostly in my home. I have a beautiful, wonderful home that I feel blessed to have. However, I'm always tweaking, redesigning and changing it up. It is partially because I love projects and decorating, but it is also because I struggle just being content. I don't enjoy sitting still for too long. I love playing with and teaching my boys and I also enjoy domestic things like cleaning and taking care of my house. But, something about house projects feels like, "this is a ME thing." So much of my job right now involves my family's needs and I have learned to be more patient with house projects and I have learned to focus on the important things in life. When I focus on what really matters... Paint colors, furniture arrangements and untidiness are completely off of my mind.... 
However, like I said I DO like house projects and I LOVE painting. So, being stuck in the house this winter has been trying for me. I have already cleaned out some old clothes to donate, rearranged the family room, rotated my dining room table, recaulked the baseboards... And cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. So, I needed something fun!! 

I've always wanted to improve out entryway and have pinned a million different looks on Pinterest. They all involved some sort of molding. I then began researching DIY molding and inexpensive options. I then came upon,"board and batten." I LOVED IT. After saving a wee bit from my budget.. We did it! We spent less than $100 including paint! It looks beautiful. My hubbs did all the cutting and placing of boards. I did the caulking and painting. It looks awesome! Of course.... I already want to do it up the stairs and in the upstairs hallway!! Discontentment... See!!! For now, I am going to save some more mula and enjoy my foyer!!! Love board and batten!!! Take a look at the before and afters...





1 comment:

Aunt Abby said...

Looks great. I love how you rearranged the boys photos on the wall too :)