
Jakes favorite thing..
Notice the water guns...boys...
Jon had a few friends in this weekend and it was full on boys weekend. They immediately broke into competition and did not stop until they left. It began with a game of Uno that seemed to last hours, PIG with Jake's mini-basketball net, pool games, cards, Uno again I think, more pool games and they ended the night with a six hour game of Poker. They are gamers that is for sure. Jon had a wonderful time and it was nice to see him enjoying guy time. Jake and I stayed busy running much needed errands and I painted the kitchen! We had a very nice man named Sam from A-1 Painting come and take down our wallpaper. I am SOOO thankful that we did not try it ourselves. What a job and what a mess! Our kitchen just looks 10 years younger just from removing the wallpaper. I love painting, but it is definetely more time consuming with Jake running around. I have been working on the kitchen at night and during nap times and finally I am 90% finished. We have blue and white counter tops that are not my favorite, but I'm trying to work with them. SO, my plan is to do a yellow, blue and white kitchen. I love plaids and toile so I'm going to try and work those in somehow too. I wanted to do a pretty yellow on the walls and then do blue and white accents. Yellow is tricky! I looked at samples for a few days before picking the right color. I wanted it to be bright but not too bright. Now that it is up... I think I picked a good one. The kitchen looks so much bigger and brighter. Now, on to my next project... picture colleague in the playroom.
BEFORE


AFTER (stained glass still needs to go)

No comments:
Post a Comment