Beth Moore said it best when she said," We are called to benefit the world." I hold that phrase close to my heart and think about it often. (I'm actually looking for a place to hang it in my house, so it can be something my family sees every day) This post may seem random but, I have these... waves of emotion... every so often. That is the best way I can explain it. I've had them as long as I can remember. They definitely intensified after my mom passed away. It is as if I am being urged to do MORE. More what? I don't know. I just feel that I'm not doing enough with my time here on earth. It is a very hard emotion to explain, but it is very real and very frustrating for me. I know my roles as a wife, mom, daughter, sister and friend are important. However, I feel there is something else out there. Some void I need to fill by helping others. I love doing charity work, volunteering and have always loved to fund raise. It brings me joy to see what I can give to others through my own perseverance. I am also very inspired by others stories of philanthropy. However, at the end of the day I am still left feeling like there is something more. Maybe I won't find out while I am here. Maybe God is preparing me. I am not sure. Only time will tell. I just keep praying for an answer and I try to be patient. Like I said random... but it was on my mind...
Saturday, August 29, 2009
We are called to benefit the world
Beth Moore said it best when she said," We are called to benefit the world." I hold that phrase close to my heart and think about it often. (I'm actually looking for a place to hang it in my house, so it can be something my family sees every day) This post may seem random but, I have these... waves of emotion... every so often. That is the best way I can explain it. I've had them as long as I can remember. They definitely intensified after my mom passed away. It is as if I am being urged to do MORE. More what? I don't know. I just feel that I'm not doing enough with my time here on earth. It is a very hard emotion to explain, but it is very real and very frustrating for me. I know my roles as a wife, mom, daughter, sister and friend are important. However, I feel there is something else out there. Some void I need to fill by helping others. I love doing charity work, volunteering and have always loved to fund raise. It brings me joy to see what I can give to others through my own perseverance. I am also very inspired by others stories of philanthropy. However, at the end of the day I am still left feeling like there is something more. Maybe I won't find out while I am here. Maybe God is preparing me. I am not sure. Only time will tell. I just keep praying for an answer and I try to be patient. Like I said random... but it was on my mind...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment