Monday, November 16, 2009

No, I want Appa Juss!

This Sunday, Jake and I drove over to the Schuylkill River to meet my family for their regatta. Christian and Courtney are both rowing now. We were there all day and it was beautiful. Jake loved spending time with his Pop Pop and GG. He also loved seeing the boats, dogs, cars and many people going by. It was an exciting day. I didn't get many pics because we were so busy keeping him safe near the water, but I did catch one cute one!We are now in toddler mode over at the Sharp house. Jake has discovered that he can make choices. I like that Jake is independent. He always has been. Lately, however he wants to do everything on his own. I do like to encourage him. Although, some of the choices he would like to make, he is just not ready for. Our latest examples are walking alone when mommy says this is a time we need to hold hands and sitting in the kitchen chair without a booster seat. Both of which he is not ready for. So, fun times over here! Being a mom is tough. I knew it would be. Teaching was tough in that way. Of course I would love to just give in and let him be happy. That would be much easier and we would definitely have less tears and drama. But, I know that what I am doing is right and after we have a rough moment, I feel good about teaching Jake.

Playing with Cousins

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

He is so adorable! CJ has the same outfit that he is wearing in the video. When we see you guys, we have to both dress them in that...the pictures will be way too cute! Thanks for being here for me- I am so lucky to have such a great friend! Love you!