Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Graduations and messy situations...

This past Sunday my step brother graduated from high school and will attend Columbia U. in the fall. Go Christian!! Jake and I went down for the graduation ceremony and party. I was such a proud parent that day. Jake was AMAZING. He literally sat for over an hour in a hot gym and was forced to be almost silent. I never thought in a million years we would last more than ten minutes. So, proud of my little man.with his very much adored pop popI know this is blurry, but this is when Jake was allowed to cheer...my cute sista!

Yesterday, Jake was not feeling 100%. So, I decided to distract him with a little fun painting activity. Against my better judgment I went outside to check a paint job of my own. Mind you I literally went outside onto my porch, touched a piece of wood and came right back in... what 30 seconds??? This is what i found... caught red handed...
then it went in the mouth... AND we're done...

Lastly, I have been working on some fun home projects and have finally completed both. The first was inspired by sister in laws, I copied the idea completely. It is a fabric covered bulletin board that I then framed with trim. Well, Jon framed it with trim, but it was my idea! hehe The second I saw in a Lowe's do it yourself magazine. They had a few examples of how to make your own headboard. One of bamboo, the other metal and lastly the one I loved fabric covered plywood. I then did a little research to find fancier version for my guest room. Taadaa!Very proud of myself, I made my own fabric buttons. It was SO easy too!!

No comments: