Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hot Fun in the Summertime!

It has been HOT!!! So, we have been spending almost every evening and/or daytime in the pool. The water is so warm and amazing you never want to get out. Jake is now jumping, diving, swimming... he's a crazy man in the water. A true water baby like his mama! We could stay in all day.
Summer has been great, but tonight topped all the summer nights we have had. Jake and I went swimming, got dressed in comfies and headed out to play catch in the street with some neighbors (another favorite past time of Jake's) Apparently, our neighborhood has been on the "B" list for the ice cream man. He hasn't been coming around for a few years and then today... I first heard those lovely jingles coming down the hill. I dropped my purse, grabbed Jake and sprinted down the street. Alright... I didn't sprint... I had to play cool in front of the neighbors, but I felt like sprinting! I was more excited than Jake. We enjoyed our ice cream from Mister Softee and the world was good. I love moments like that. I looked around at all the neighbors coming out of their doors with smiles. The sound of happy tunes and lawnmowers in the air and I was eating ice cream. What could be better? It brings me back to my childhood when life was simpler.


"Bye ice Cweem Man... Thanks!"
"It's Yummy Mommy"
Post- ice cream, pre- bath time


No comments: