Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's Black... It's White,,,,

You can always tell how I am feeling by the amount of house projects I have going on. I am a fan of "do it yourself," type projects and tend to do more of them when I am bored or anxious. While in the middle of the infamous 2 week wait, I needed something to take my mind of the impending news. So, why not paint my shutters and make my husband (who is afraid of heights) get up on a ladder and take them down? In 100 degree weather? I have been wanting to paint my shutters since we bought the house, but it is not exactly high on the priority list. However, I had primer and a can of white paint already!!!!! I love warm colors and definitely seem to prefer a country/Victorian style. So, I went with white because unfortunately we cannot change the grey siding right now and grey really limits your choices. I think white makes the house so much cuter and I think the little porch accents help to attain the Victorian touch I was going for. Let me know what you think...
Before- old worn black shutters, red door, and wagon wheel acents on the porch.

Terrified... but living strong First complete set, hune these myself because I was feeling impatient

Victorian twist...
TADA!!! New pretty door and white shutter... Now I am thinking I may paint the door a fun blue color ? any thoughts?

No comments: