Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bringing Will Home


So last I wrote we were waiting to meet Will for the first time. A lot has happened since then! We were allowed to go to the hospital around 1:00 or so on Sunday, December 19th. When we got to the hospital, the pregnancy counseler gave us the low down on how Denise was feeling and how the baby was doing. All were great! I will never forget my thoughts and feelings as we rode upstairs in the elevator to meet our son! We went up and spent an amazing hour or so with them both. Everything was so easy and it just felt right. Denise, his birth mother, was so thoughtful about every hospital decision. She had the nurses hold his vaccines until she knew what we wanted to do. She also had them make an extra copy of his footprints and hospital pictures. She even waited on the circumcision until we had our say. We couldn't believe it. She was strong, confident and made US feel comfortable when here she is.... going through the hardest thing she will ever have to do. I tear up thinking about it. She was made for us, as was Will. Together, we made his name official and took pictures.
The first thing we noticed about Will was his amazing hair. He has a serious wig! It is thick, dark and super soft. Will also has a beautiful complexion. His skin is a beautiful color and his eyes are big and dark brown. He is precious and more than we could have dreamed of.
After spending time together, we were told it was time to go and we would be able to come back the next morning and bring him home!!!! I did not sleep a wink that night. I laid in bed, full of anxiety and excitement. The next morning, we woke up early and were at the hospital by seven a.m. We spent time with the baby together before everyone arrived. Our adoption case worker, the pregnancy counsler and Denise arrived around nine thirty or so. We had about an hour or so of paperwork while Denise had time alone with Will. Afterward, we were supposed to have a small adoption ceremony, but it was too much for everyone emotionally. So, we simply had a "passing" of the baby from Denise to myself and Jon. I am so thankful that God placed the desire in our hearts for open adoption. Our final moments together at the hospital were not a goodbye, but see you soon. Since the hospital, we have continued our emailing with Denise. We have already sent her pictures as well as videos. We have even begun chatting about a Valentine's day get together. We are ever grateful for this precious gift, the relationship with his bithmother and feel undeserving of such immense love from God. I never want to forget any detail of this experience and I hope that our relationships continue to strengthen.





Love at first sight....

Finally in our arms!!!! Forever in our hearts!

No comments: